Quick Facts about Sky Ridge Medical Center in Lone Tree, Colorado
Location of Hospital: Sky Ridge is located on a 57-acre campus at the southwest corner of I-25 and Lincoln Avenue in Lone Tree, Douglas County, Colorado (south Denver Metro area).
Hospital CEO: Maureen Tarrant
Size of Hospital: 230 beds
Hospital Overview: The development of Sky Ridge Medical Center was, in significant part, the result of an outcry from both the community as well as elected officials in Douglas County, including the Douglas County Commissioners and former Senator John Evans. Until the opening of this hospital, Douglas County has been without an acute care hospital to provide for the healthcare needs of the community.
Opening Date of Hospital: August 20, 2003
Hospital Architect: Gresham Smith and Partners (Nashville, TN)
Hospital Land Planner: Civitas (Denver, CO)
Hospital Construction Management Firm: Bovis Lend Lease (Nashville, TN)
Project Developer: RidgeGate and Coventry Development Corporation (New York, NY)
- Comprehensive Spine & Total Joint Center with seven operating suites and private entrance
- Full-range surgical suites
- Obstetrical services and Level IIIA Nursery
- Full diagnostic and imaging services, including MRI and "64-Slice" CT
- Cardiac services, including two interventional cath labs and cardiac wellness center
- Sky Ridge Cancer Center, including radiation, chemotherapy and inpatient services
- Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Center
- Helipad for AirLife
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, including Pediatric Unit, Pediatric Surgery, 24/7 Pediatric Emergency Services and pediatric specialty suite
- Endoscopy/GI Lab
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Accredited Sleep Disorders Center
- Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Wound Care Center
Hospital Special Features
- Wireless Internet Access
- Private patient rooms
- Healing Garden
- Visitor's Business Center (open 24/7)
- Amenity Suites (larger rooms, private chef, robes, larger bathrooms, concierge service)
- Artwork primarily by Colorado artists to complement the environment and create a feeling of comfort and healing
- Hospitality pagers for visitors/family members
- Room service (food service). Not only does this service provide greater choice to patients, but it also reduces food waste and costs.
- Sky Ridge Café and outdoor patio
- Children’s Playground donated by the Starlight Children’s Foundation, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to fulfill wishes for sick kids.
- Skylight Interactive Television with movies, news and health information.
- Patient tracking to stay informed during a loved one's surgery
- Pet Partner Volunteers