Recent News at Sky Ridge Medical Center
- July 20, 2013: Douglas County School District & Sky Ridge Announce Community Partnership
- May 28, 2013: Sky Ridge Medical Center Names David Markenson, MD as Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
- Jan. 17, 2013: Procedure Attacks Liver Cancer Point-Blank - Sky Ridge is the first of a handful of centers permitted to perform it pending approval from the FDA (Lone Tree Voice)
- Dec. 5, 2012: Sky Ridge Earns Recognition from the Colorado Environmental Leadership Program
- Oct. 3, 2012: Sky Ridge Receives Colorado Can Do 5! Award
- Sept. 20, 2012: Sky Ridge Named a Top Performer
- Aug. 14, 2012: Sky Ridge Named Region’s Best Hospital for Patient Experience by WomenCertified
- July 5, 2012: Sky Ridge Named One of the 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in the United States
- May 9, 2012: Sky Ridge Medical Center Earns Gold Seal Of Approval From The Joint Commission
- January 16, 2012: Pants Across Sky Ridge - An Inspirational Display Celebrating the Triumph Over Obesity
“Pants Across Sky Ridge” is a combination of a kick-off reception to be held on Jan. 26 for former patients and their families and a week-long display of the patients’ “before” and “after” pants along with inspiring stories and photos.
- January 11, 2012: Breast Center Earns Accreditation from the NAPBC
Sky Ridge Medical Center has been granted a three-year/full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons.
- January 2012: Sky Ridge Launches New Electronic Child Medication Safety System
When children have serious emergencies, medical staff must act quickly, always keeping safety at the forefront. That’s why Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at Sky Ridge Medical Center has implemented the Artemis system, a new electronic medication system.
- December 2011: Sky Ridge Medical Center Debuts DoseEdge
- March 23, 2011: Sky Ridge Medical Center Achieves New Status as Accredited Chest Pain Center
- February 10, 2011: Sky Ridge's Sue Kirelik, MD, a Leader in Concussion Management, Testified on Senate Bill 40. Read excerpts from her testimony and about the importance of proper diagnosis and treatment of concussions in children.
- January 2011: The National Children's Study Gets Underway in Douglas County.
Sky Ridge's Dr. Steven Grover, OB/GYN, member of the National Children’s Study Community Committee, answers questions about this important research initiative.
- December 13, 2010: Colorado Rapids Visit Sky Ridge Medical Center
Kids at the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at Sky Ridge received a special visit from Rapids players Pablo Mastroeni, Brian Mullan, Kosuke Kimura and Chris Sharpe. The Rapids mascot, Edson the Eagle, helped the players spread cheer throughout the hospital. Our champions proudly displayed the MLS Cup Trophy and took pictures with patients, parents and staff. Click here to watch a video of the visit.
- October 12, 2010: Sky Ridge President & CEO Maureen Tarrant Elected Chairman of the Colorado Hospital Association Board of Trustees
- October 4: 2010: Seven healthcare providers at Sky Ridge were honored with Peak Performer Awards at the 8th Annual Rocky Mountain Hospital Medical Symposium.Congratulations to our team members for being some of the Rocky Mountain region’s top hospital-based providers as voted by their colleagues for embodying the characteristics of team-based care, professionalism and clinical excellence.
- Sky Ridge Peak Performer Winners 2010: Jen Camper, RN, Med-Surg Nursing; William Choi, MD, Neurosurgery; Jeanne Fleagle, CNS, Hospital-Based CNS; Jonathan Harte, MD, Infectious Diseases; Craig Loucks, MD, Orthopedics; Barry Molk, MD, Cardiology (two-time winner); David Valdez, MD Hospital Medicine
- March 19, 2010: Sky Ridge has been Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery, Knee and Hip Replacement
- January 2010: Sky Ridge Designated a Center of Excellence for SIR-Spheres Microspheres Therapy for Inoperable Liver Tumors