Total Joint Surgery Pre-Op Class at Sky Ridge Medical Center
Sky Ridge offers complimentary Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement Pre-Op Classes weekly in the Spine & Total Joint Center Classroom, Garden Level of the main Sky Ridge lobby. The Hip Replacement class is held on Tuesdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and the Knee Replacement class is held on Mondays from 9 a.m. to Noon.
During these classes our Registered Nurse Team Coordinator will:
- Review what happens in surgery
- Show examples of the actual components that may be used in your surgery
- Talk about how to prepare for the surgery
- Discuss what will happen on surgery day
- Review what to expect as you recover
In addition, our physical therapists will review exercises and the path to rehab, while occupational therapists discuss techniques to regain skills so you may care for yourself when you return home.