Heart Failure Program
The Heart Failure Program at Sky Ridge offers expert individualized care for patients with heart failure. Caring providers and staff have a common goal: to maximize your quality of life through early interventions, such as medication changes and ongoing education for you and your family.
The Benefits to You
Any heart failure patient is a candidate for our program. Whether your illness is well-controlled or you are in active heart failure, the program offers many benefits.
Our supervised program will:
- Educate both you and your family on the treatment and management of heart failure, lifestyle modifications and medications surrounding heart failure.
- Have experts in heart failure available for easy access, such as phone consults or same-day appointments to help manage your heart failure needs.
- Reduce re-admissions to the hospital.
Our program is staffed by a team dedicated to managing heart failure, including a Nurse Practitioner, RNs and other medical professionals. A Cardiologist is also available during all clinic hours. Plus, you have total access to outpatient testing including labs, chest x-ray and echocardiogram.
Signs and Symptoms of Heart Failure
- Shortness of breath, which can happen even during mild activity
- Difficulty breathing when lying down
- Weight gain and swelling of the legs and ankles from fluid retention
- General fatigue
- Chronic cough
Only your doctor can tell you if you have heart failure. If you think you may be at risk for heart failure, visit your doctor as soon as possible.