Heart Disease Symptoms
Women may experience heart attack symptoms different from men. The American Heart Association says the body likely will send one or more of these warning signals of a heart attack.
Common Heart Attack Symptoms
- Uncomfortable pressure, fullness, squeezing or pain in the center of the chest lasting more than a few minutes.
- Pain spreading to the shoulders, neck or arms.
- Chest discomfort with lightheadedness, fainting, sweating, nausea or shortness of breath.
Less Common Heart Attack Symptoms
- Atypical chest pain, stomach or abdominal pain.
- Nausea or dizziness.
- Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing.
- Unexplained anxiety, weakness or fatigue. Palpitations, cold sweat or paleness.