Buckle Up, Baby! at Sky Ridge Medical Center
Sky Ridge Medical Center is pleased to offer new moms and dads a free car seat safety check before bringing baby home. Unfortunately, motor vehicle injuries are the leading cause of death among children in the United States. Buckling children in age- and size-appropriate car seats, booster seats and seat belts reduces the risk of serious and fatal injuries. Correctly used child safety seats can reduce the risk of death by as much as 71 percent. But did you know that more than 90% of car seats are not used or installed correctly? Safety is our number one value. Our Sky Ridge certified Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Technicians are here to help answer any questions and show you how to use all the components of the car seat and vehicle seat belt systems correctly. They can even double check your installation before you leave with your precious cargo for that additional peace of mind.
Getting Baby Ready
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that all infants and toddlers should be in a rear-facing car seat until they are at least two years of age or until they reach the highest weight or height allowed by the car seat manufacturer.
About Your Car Seat Options
- There are a number of models from which to choose including rear-facing only and convertible models
- Have baby ride rear facing as long as possible
- Review the minimum and maximum weight and height restrictions to ensure you are making the most appropriate selection to fit your child and vehicle
- Follow the manufacturer's installation instructions
- Chose an option that works best for your family
As safety advocates, we recommend you follow the best practice when choosing what seat you use for your baby and consider:
- One that fits your child
- One that fits your vehicle
- One that you will use correctly every time
To Schedule an Appointment
We are here on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday by appointment. Please call us at 720-225-CARS(2277) and leave your name and room number. A CPS Technician will contact you to schedule your appointment. Please call the day before your anticipated discharge date to ensure appointment availability. Our safety check area is at our Patient Discharge area, adjacent to the Emergency Department, on the southeast side of our campus.