Pulmonary Rehabilitation at Sky Ridge Medical Center
Team Approach to Improving Health for Lung Disease Patients
At Sky Ridge Medical Center, our team provides treatment that combines education with exercise in order to control symptoms and improve tolerance of day-to-day activities. The primary goal of pulmonary rehab is to help respiratory patients regain some of their independence and improve their quality of life. Pulmonary rehab has been shown to reduce the number of doctor visits and time spent in hospitals.
Who Should Participate in a Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program?
Any person with lung disease should consider pulmonary rehab, including patients with Asthma, COPD (including, Chronic Bronchitis & Emphysema), Bronchiectasis, Cystic Fibrosis and Lung Cancer.
Additionally, people who have a history of smoking or who have undergone lung surgery may be good candidates for pulmonary rehab.
The Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Pulmonary rehab can be beneficial in a variety of ways. A supervised program, such as the one offered at Sky Ridge Medical Center, will help you:
- Decrease shortness of breath
- Decrease coughing and wheezing
- Breathe better with new techniques
- Increase strength and endurance
- Decrease stress
- Reduce hospital admissions/physician visits
- Improve activities of daily living
Requirements to Participate
You will need the following in order to take part in Sky Ridge's Pulmonary Rehabilitation program:
- A recommendation from your doctor
- Chronic, but stable lung disease
- A completed pulmonary function test
- Shortness of breath with decreased daily activities
- Expectations of measurable improvement
- Physically able, motivated and willing
Contact Pulmonary Rehabilitation
We are located in the CardioPulmonary Center of Excellence in the Aspen Medical Office Building, Suite 106. Free Valet parking is available at the entrance of the Aspen Building. Get Directions>>
For more information, please call 720-225-1318.