Head MRI at Sky Ridge Medical Center
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a noninvasive medical test that helps doctors diagnose and treat medical conditions.
Common Uses of a Head MRI
MR imaging of the head is performed to help diagnose:
- Tumors of the brain.
- Developmental anomalies of the brain.
- Vascular anomalies of the head (aneurysm for example).
- Disorders of the eyes and the inner ear.
- Trauma patients (in selected patients).
- Disease in the pituitary gland.
- Certain chronic disorders of the nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis.
- Causes of headache.
Doctors also use the MR examination to document brain abnormalities in patients with dementia.