Benefits vs Risks of Vascular Ultrasound
Vascular Ultrasound Benefits
- Most ultrasound scanning is noninvasive (no needles or injections) and is usually painless.
- Ultrasound is widely available, easy-to-use and less expensive than other imaging methods.
- Ultrasound imaging uses no ionizing radiation.
- Ultrasound scanning gives a clear picture of soft tissues that do not show up well on X-ray images.
- Ultrasound causes no health problems and may be repeated as often as is necessary.
Vascular Ultrasound Risks
- For standard diagnostic ultrasound there are no known harmful effects on humans.