Frequently Asked Questions about Sky Ridge
Below are some commonly asked questions from patients and visitors, along with answers.
- What is Sky Ridge Medical Center's address and phone number?
10101 RidgeGate Parkway
Lone Tree, CO 80124
- How do I get a copy of my medical records?
- Will my medical information be private (HIPAA)?
Medical records are protected by State and National laws and guidelines. The protection of the patient's privacy is demanded in every facet of the records process. Unlawful release of medical records is a Class 5 Felony in Colorado.
Your medical records are not accessible to anyone not directly involved with your care. This is met through routine electronic auditing, careful access assignments and manual review of the record before it is released. Your medical records are released only to those recipients you authorize to receive information.
Hospital staff are trained to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of each patient. Training takes place at orientation for new employees and yearly after that.
Sky Ridge Medical Center has an Information and Security Committee that address the security of your medical record.
- How would I resolve an issue I have/had at the hospital?
Sky Ridge will make every effort to resolve your problem quickly. Your first and most efficient solution is to discuss the issue with your caregiver's immediate supervisor. If this approach is uncomfortable, a Department Director will intercede on your behalf. In addition, our Patient Advocate is available at 720-225-1285 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. A Nursing Supervisor may be contacted after hours or on weekends.
If your issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may file a complaint in person, by phone or by email to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment at 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver, CO 80246 (phone: 303-692-2000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Upon request, our Patient Advocate can file a complaint on your behalf.
Or, you may contact The Joint Commission by calling 1-800-994-6610 or emailing them at email@example.com.
- Who do I call for billing questions?
- How can I pay my bill online?
- What insurance plans are accepted at Sky Ridge?
- How do I apply for a job a Sky Ridge or learn what positions are available?
- Where can I purchase flowers or gifts for friends and family members at Sky Ridge Medical Center?
- Are there hotel accommodations close to the hospital?
- What are the hospital's visiting hours?
Your family and friends are welcome to visit as we know that having visitors is an important part of your care. We do not have set visiting hours, but request that your family and friends be sensitive to your recovery needs. In addition, if you have a family pet that you would enjoy having visit you, please discuss this with your nurse.
- How do I register for a tour of The Birth Place or Parent Education Classes?
- Where can I park when visiting Sky Ridge Medical Center?
- Will I have access to Clergy or a Chapel during my stay?
To provide for your spiritual and pastoral needs, chaplains representing many faiths are available. To arrange for a visit with a chaplain or a member of the clergy of a particular faith, please ask your nurse or call our Chaplain at 720-225-1778 or extension 1778. Your personal clergy are also welcome to visit you.
The Sky Ridge Chapel is located on the first floor of the hospital and can be seen from the Rotunda. It is available to patients, families, visitors and clergy for quiet moments of prayer, meditation and personal reflection. The Chapel is open 24 hours a day.
- Are DVD players available in the hospital?
Many of our rooms are equipped with a DVD player for your viewing enjoyment. Our Skylight Interactive Television in your room also provides access to free games and Hollywood movies. Feel free to bring your favorite DVDs from home. If you would like to reserve a Playstation or a DVD player for your family, please call the Information Desk at extension x1500.
- Will I have access to the Internet?
Sky Ridge offer free wireless Internet access throughout the hospital or you can stop by our Visitor's Business Center for access to personal computers, high-speed Internet, copying services and more. The Business Center is located on the first floor of the hospital, just east of the main elevators and is open 24 hours a day.
- If I want additional information who do I contact?
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via phone at 720-225-1000.